Wednesday 5 March 2014

"Never Compromise Your Standards"

"I REFUSE TO LOWER MY STANDARDS TO ACCOMMODATE THOSE WHO REFUSE TO RAISE THEIRS"
Is it the dog that wags the tail or the tail that wags the dog? So why the compromise, why lower your standards. so that you can fit into mediocrity, or others mindset. Back in the days I refused to compromise. I refused to sit on stones with hood boys chit chatting. Sorry that was a time waster for me. I loved engaging in active activities. Playing soccer, making fancy cars, from wires, milk boxes, Blueband tins. Name it. I made it. Why? I was engaging my creative abilities. I refused to chase girls around. Yes, not worth my time. I'd rather boil and crumble rather than sink and drown. Call me a coward, introverted, or Snobbish. But has anyone died because of such illnesses? So make it your culture and value not to bend-over, or compromise.



High in school. Time was of essence. The schedule spoke volumes. As in we in for business. No child play just a numbered 4 years. Was I crazy waking up weird hours of the night? Hiding during holidays to finish that Biology assignment. Naaaaah, I was never a nerd just a bookworm. I chose who to be my friend, what to say, where to hang out, and above all what to eat. No smoke was allowed, even the holy weed, not even powdered stuff. Neither did I stoop low to please the passing. But kept the focus of the high prize. Ooooh, I am still to see the fruit of this labour. I still labour and exercise my brain cells. Whilst, you eat, dine and wine. I am still laying my strategy on how to finish the race. Am Batman, yes I said am Batman. Not doing you, am doing myself that's who I am, that's how I roll.

I will not compromise for the passing wind. You want to be in my circle, work for it. Its never easy as there is no manual. But do your best your in. I'm not a Judge nor am I a plaintiff. Just that I choose wisely not by default. I intend to maintain my standards and let you be the judge. Like it or not never am I compromising. I still hold a brief. Lest you believe then can you achieve. As you work, and work harder never despair. Keep your standards high, but lower your exceptions. That is a sure way not to loose your sanity. Never quit as you never win. Winners never Quit. So I maintain my .............


"NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR HAVING HIGH STANDARDS, PEOPLE WHO REALLY WANT TO BE IN YOUR LIFE WILL RISE TO MEET THEM"

© William Murithi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment