Thursday 11 June 2015

They say the beautiful ones are not yet born, I ask how comes I have met “Maliki”
African Lady
Once upon a time, in the village of Kabaka, there was a young girl who went by the name Maliki. In all her days she was one of the most incredible and humble girl from the Kingdom of Buganda. When I met Maliki I was full of admiration and cognisant of the fact that her impeccable knowledge and articulate expression of the same defeated the ambience of an entire town hall. If you stepped in a room and found her addressing a gathering of eminent people you will never be far from the truth to believe that she was the commander in chief of the greatest air platoon, of the Delta Force.

A few minutes conversation with Maliki dealt a heavy punch to my senses as I immediately was aware of her consequential presence. She would go ahead to capture not only my imagination but also my entire nervous system. Her thoughts would arrest my muscles as I never thought of moving away from her engaging styles of conversing. Maliki appears to be the promised princess to the ruler of nations; her beauty is incomparable to none. She hails from the greatest porter, creator of all humanity.

Another of Maliki’s strength is her ability to cook.  Rumour has it that she’s the best cook in the Kingdom. Her meals seem to turn every tongue into a follower of the flavoured dishes, all teeth into soldiers in battle, every stomach to a keeper of the harvest and every person as the slave to a master’s command. Her meals are made of the best ingredients composed of love, kindness, gratefulness, humility, joy, and the wisdom of a serpent, thoughtfully crafted by one of the most intelligent brains, then cooked by one of the brightest smile, stirred by the strongest but tender hands, and stored in the spacious and well-rounded heart. Nothing comes close to eating such a meal. Kings and Princes, Presidents and Governors, Dignitaries and Diplomats, CEOs and Managers have all made dangerous and sometimes costly trips just to taste Maliki’s delicious meals prepared from her pot.

Despite all, this young lady is blessed with moves, swift like a cheetah, charming like the beautiful peacock, enticing like Delilah’s charm and entertaining like King David’s praises. She’s the queen of dance, the princess of Salsa, the floor plays to her tune, the audience to her smile. What more can I say, I have seen, continue to see and hope to experience Maliki’s impeccable leadership and positive influence across the seas, in the far continents.

As you celebrate your womanhood, my wishes are that you will continue to Maliki, the Princes of Buganda. You will continue to draw Kings and Princes, Presidents and Governors, Dignitaries and Diplomats, CEOs and Managers from all over the world to eat from your pot of wisdom, to dance to the tune of your music and to bring happiness to the souls of the people of God. Let nothing stop you, let no one tell you that you can’t, let your heart not grow fonder for your star shines brighter, your fate is imminent, and your destiny is unfolding.

They say the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I say that should be Maliki,
They say the beautiful once are not yet born, I ask why I have met Maliki,
They say blessed as the poor in spirit, I tell them wait until they’ve met Maliki,
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, I tell them instead to visit Maliki,
They say the well is from an ever flowing rock, I say so is the Love from Maliki,
They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, I say wait until you give it to Maliki,
They said perhaps I was drunk from the wine at Galilee, I say because it was given by Maliki,.
They say…………………………………………………….., I say perhaps they should meet Maliki.


How else can I thank my papa, for finally allowing me to meet my Maliki. Perhaps my dreams were born, of the sleep that tormented my nights. I seek your face deep within the valleys of life. I know I’m close, closer than my steps would get to the well. One day I know, my thirst will be quenched. Nothing will deter my determined spirit, lest I abandon the mission that prevails. Enjoy your days My Maliki. 

Yours Lovingly,
(c) William Murithi

No comments:

Post a Comment